We fitted a video wall in the sports stadium at Fulham Cross Girls School by using a protective projector cage and modified screen apparatus to compensate for the sloping, 10-metre high ceiling. With 20 years’ experience designing audio visual systems for schools, we can provide a successful solution for any environment.
Fulham Cross Girls School is a secondary school in the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. It educates girls aged 11 to 19, and takes pride in empowering young women to achieve their full potential and make choices with integrity and intelligence.
The school needed a large wall video display in an assembly hall that doubles up as their sports arena.
The school's environment presented a lit of challenges that our video wall design needed to overcome.
The challenge: a video wall in a sports hall
Fulham Girls School needed a video wall in their sports hall.
The only problems?
- The roof was 10 metres high,
- the ceiling slopes,
- the netball hoops were exactly where the screen needed to be, and
- the projector would be vulnerable to netballs flying at it!
The school chose us as national leaders in ICT for schools
We designed and installed a solution that adjusted for the challenging conditions.
- We adapted the angle of the installation to compensate for the sloping ceiling.
- The screen descends a much greater distance than usual, using modified equipment.
- The netball hoops fold flat against the wall, and the screen descends in front of them when needed.
- To protect the screen from misuse we designed a system with a locking switch, so it can only be lowered by the teachers with the key.
- We enclosed the projector in a protective metal cage, so it cannot suffer damage from impact by flying netballs.
We provided training at handover, although the system is so user-friendly this is not usually necessary.
Our after-sales care contracts include ongoing technical support and equipment guarantees.